Possible to get Admin rights?
Hey Rob, I'm not sure if you'll answer here, but I'm also not sure what your username on Wikipedia is. Anyway, I was browsing through the user rights log and saw that you seem to be the person to ask about getting sysopped on test.wikipedia. I'm not a sysop on en, but I've been avidly involved in developing various tools, such as en:WP:VandalProof, and I've got ideas for a couple of sysop tools but have no way to develop them.
For instance, there is currently a vandal posting the number of a user in his edit summaries, and each time an admin has to go through and delete these history entries, which, as I understand, is a very tedious task. I think I may know a way to do this much quicker with an external tool, or perhaps as an additional feature within VandalProof. I'm interested in migrating a few sysop tools into VandalProof, such as blocking/unblocking, protecting pages, deleting pages, etc., and I'd also like to integrate an optional sysop rollback in place of my current method of opening the previous version and saving. I also think I may able to develop a few tools to aid in history merges and other tedious sysop tasks. Anyway, as I said before, I need a way to test and develop these various features, and I think the easiest way would be as a sysop on test.wikipedia. My username on en is en:User:AmiDaniel (talk), and you can either respond on my talk page there, on your talk page here, or on my talk page here. If you don't feel comfortable doing this, or if there's some more formal procedure to go about getting administrative rights, please let me know. Thanks. AmiDaniel 20:22, 14 May 2006 (UTC)
I like to get Admin rights?
It is Possible I get sysop rite on this test Wikipedia. I'm am a Wikipedia contriduter I like to explor amin options and triy to changs the logo on tape of certen pages block vandals. help the test wikiMy Cat inn 22:10, 23 June 2006 (UTC)
- No, that is not what this wiki is for. Rob Church 15:16, 9 August 2006 (UTC)
Why did you delete this page? I understand that the test wiki isn't for that kind of thing, however there was a request for its creation so people who stumbled across this Wiki could understand what it was better than the Main Page tells them. Also, the results from the recent vote to change the logo were located there. Just curious. Timrem (talk • contribs) 17:16, 9 August 2006 (UTC)
- You summed it up in the second sentence. The test wiki is a test wiki, not a place to put content or anything meaningful. Rob Church 13:38, 20 August 2006 (UTC)
Are you returning to the English Wikipedia? A lot of people miss you and want you to come back. Please reply on my talkpage. 220.127.116.11
Can you make me a sysop?? --SunStar Net 00:37, 2 February 2007 (UTC)
- Me as well, as you can see from my meta page (linked from my talk page), I can be trusted. (Also, Category:Delete is pretty large.) Cbrown1023 23:44, 9 February 2007 (UTC)
Mind you, this is just a test wiki, it's not that important to delete stuff in category:delete. Also, I believe Rob's not in charge of giving sysop rights here. Try asking any steward on meta or IRC. --Timichal 14:47, 14 February 2007 (UTC)
- This is only a test. Why is this conversation on Rob's talk page? nooooooo! Bastique 14:48, 14 February 2007 (UTC)
Is the following from the User Rights log a bug?
- 10:09, 15 May 2006 Rob (Talk | contribs) changed group membership for User:AmiDaniel from (none) to (none) (+sysop)
- 15:34, 30 April 2006 Rob (Talk | contribs) changed group membership for User:HardDisk from (none) to (none) (+sysop)
- 01:57, 14 February 2006 Rob (Talk | contribs) changed group membership for User:Gangleri from (none) to (none) (+sysop)
- 02:48, 16 January 2006 Rob (Talk | contribs) changed group membership for User:Brion VIBBER from (none) to (none) (+sysop)
It looked a bit weird to me, changing rights from None to None, and saying +sysop, so I was just curious.
Thanks! TheFearow 01:04, 21 June 2007 (UTC)
- It's an old bug. robchurch hates users | who whine 19:29, 13 August 2007 (UTC)
- like... really really really old. :) It's been fixed for ages, but that's how it used to be. Cbrown1023 20:37, 13 August 2007 (UTC)
Hello,can I become admin?--DoraConan 11:23, 5 August 2007 (UTC)
hiya, can I become admin/bureaucrat... testing it! thanks --Moorstone 11:33, 21 August 2007 (UTC)
Nother Sysop Request...
Hi Rob - I logged bugzilla:11454 which pointed to pages on MW.org exhibiting the problem. These pages have since been reverted as they interfered with normal use of the wiki, and I wanted to add the same code here so that a permanent link to the problem could be kept whilst the bug is live. This means editing pages in the MediaWiki: namespace, which requires admin rights. I don't know if that's sufficient grounds for adminship here, so if not then perhaps you could make the edits yourself. Cheers - you can reply here or at my talk page on MW.org --HappyDog 18:37, 1 October 2007 (UTC)
hi, can I become admin/bureaucrat... testing it! :) thanks --.snoopy. 16:44, 30 October 2007 (UTC)