Administrators are editors who have the extra ability to:
- Block and unblock other users
- Delete and undelete pages on the site
- Protect and unprotect pages
- Edit pages in the MediaWiki namespace (e.g., MediaWiki:Sidebar)
- View deleted edits of a page
- View any contributions by a user to pages which are deleted.
For a list of all Administrators on Test Wikipedia, see Special:ListUsers/sysop.
Becoming an administrator
- Be active and trusted on other projects and preferably be a sysop elsewhere, or
- Demonstrate a need for the access (e.g. developers).